Hanfa announces invitation to apply for student internships
Published: 13 June 2019
The Croatian Financial Services Supervisory Agency (HANFA) has announced an invitation to apply for student internships. Interested students of all study years of economy, law, mathematics, physics and computer science programmes may apply. The deadline for applications is 27 June 2019.
The student internship will last for up to 20 business days during the summer months. The application period will be followed by a selection process and interviews with candidates, after which the chosen students will be given an opportunity to participate in the work of HANFA. This will give them a chance to apply the acquired professional knowledge in real life and to compare their theoretical knowledge with examples from practice.
Interns will work in one of main HANFA's divisions: the Capital Market Supervision Division, the Funds and Investment Firms Supervision Division, the Insurance, Leasing and Factoring Supervision Division, the Regulatory Harmonisation and International Cooperation Division, the Systemic Risks and Consumer Protection Division, or the Licensing Office, the Judicial Proceedings Office or the Information Technology Department.
Interns will be assigned mentors who will introduce them to the work of the organizational unit of their internship and will support them in their day-to-day tasks. Upon completing their internships, all interns will be given certificates thereof.
Conditions to apply:
- full-time study and full-time student status
- enrolled in the first (or senior) year of study programme whose courses relate to Hanfa's business operations and needs (economy, law, mathematics, physics, computer science)
- regulated compulsory health insurance during internship
- citizenship of Croatia
- regularity of education (enrolling year after year and regular fulfilment of student obligations)
- study programme corresponding to HANFA's business operations and needs
- grade point average
- assessment of applicant's motivation and interest
- duly completed form "Application for student internship" (electronic version)
- referral from an educational institution for students whose internship is compulsory (if issued in a foreign language, translation by a certified court translator is required)
- proof of full-time student status
- proof of exams passed and grades obtained
- certificate of nationality
HANFA commenced with its student internship programme via annual invitations in 2018, when there were ten students included in the programme who spent two weeks each receiving professional training in various HANFA's organizational units.
In the years to come, HANFA will regularly announce invitations for student internships, with the aim of creating recognisability and attracting the best-educated talents from the labour market. Our wish is that after completing their internship, students acquire positive experience and knowledge that will benefit them in the future, and learn that working in public administration can be extremely dynamic and interesting, especially when it comes to market regulators such as HANFA. The feedback from students will present Hanfa's employees with a new insight into routine operations and problem solving.